Thursday, October 15, 2015

Protest: Anatomy of the New Police State

Police Tactics of Mass Arrests, Violence and Overcharging Protesters First Developed in 2000

by TRNN

 
October 15, 2015 
 
Kris Hermes tells Paul Jay that police suppression of protests at the Republican National Convention set the pattern for breaking up legal protests across North America.
 
 
 
LACY MACAULEY, MEDIA ACTIVIST: After I was very violently snatched by police, they threw me into the back of an unmarked van. There were four officers in the van. I believe that they were plainclothes officers. However, none of them identified themselves as officers. I was sat on by one of them--I was lying on my back. I was strangled. And when I didn't lose consciousness, the officer who had tried to strangle me actually punched me in the head at least once. 

No comments: