Thursday, June 06, 2013

Zoe's Arresting Developments


The judge should arrest me for calling this dingbat a racist 

by Zoe Blunt

You remember this dude – I’m suing him for stealing my photos and trying to blackmail me. Since October, the idiot has been telling anyone who will listen that I’m a “reverse racist,” a feminazi, part of a sinister New World Order conspiracy, and so on.

Now he’s asking a BC Supreme Court judge to have me arrested for calling him a white supremacist jerk on Facebook and on this blog. (Spoiler: He is a white supremacist jerk.)

The wingnut, who obviously does not have the benefit of legal counsel, has filed a bizarre pile of claims on behalf of himself, a group called We Are Change Victoria, and neo-Nazi sympathizer Doug Christie. Ryan Elson defends Christie’s views as free speech, while insisting that my speech is a crime. Yes, really.

The oddball demands are part of the wingnut’s counterclaim to my civil action to stop the wingnut stealing my photos. Note: this is not how you’re supposed to make a claim in court – unless you’re a wingnut, in which case the rules do not apply to you.

STATEMENT OF FACTS
1) On October 14, 2012, Plaintiff [Zoe Blunt] targeted Defendant [Ryan Elson] labelling him and other members of WAC Victoria as “white supremacists” and “racists” in a Facebook event posting. Doug Christy [sic] was labelled this as well … Here we establish the Plaintiff’s Vendetta towards the Defendant.

RELIEF SOUGHT
3) Civil restitution AND court order for criminal investigation and prosecution be brought fourth [sic] on the Plaintiff for Criminal malicious prosecution, Criminal harassment, Conspiracy.

4) Criminal charges be brought fourth [sic] on the Plaintiff for Perjury in association with her claims of “perjury” within her statement of facts on civil claim 12-4008.

5) Injunction to restrain the plaintiff from further harassment of the defendant and his family/friends.*

The wingnut claims to own copyright on photos I took of him October 20, 2012 at a counterprotest near a Victoria rally where Christie and other nutters were scheduled to speak. I photographed Elson and two buddies threatening me and the police intervening.

What will the nutjob do next?? Stay tuned.

*Answer: On May 9, 2013, the dude got a court order to stop me (@blunt1) tweeting anything with his Twitter handle (@fixx_revolution) because he doesn’t know how to block people or turn off notifications and my occasional tweets caused him such severe stress he couldn’t function. No, I’m not kidding. That’s what he told the judge.

Related:
A helpful guide to the legal process especially for wingnuts

So I’m suing this local wingnut

Hate Mail from Haters – the post that started it all

No comments: